Constant Force Springs / Spring Products / Custom Design Service
Springs Made Better®
John Evans’ Sons, is the international leader in design and manufacturing of constant force springs, constant force spring assemblies and pusher springs (variable force). If your application is to counterbalance or to obtain a large amount of torque through a small amount of rotation, our custom spiral torsion springs are well suited. Our vibration isolators are for the ultimate shock and vibration protection. Helical Mounts (aka Cable Mounts) provide 3 axis protection in any environmental conditions. Custom design, in-house tooling, and precision manufacturing, combined with a wide and varied stock spring selection allows us to serve a wide variety of applications from military to medical, high-tech and aerospace. We provide impeccable service from start to finish and set the standard for world-class precision spring products.
International Leaders in
Constant Force Spring Design & Manufacturing
- Window Manufacturing – Custom constant force window balance springs (including the SideLoad® & the Drop-In constant force balance systems)
- Electric Motors – Carbon motor brush springs applying a constant force (or pressure) to brushes to minimize wear and increase efficiency of motor life (single and double configuration)
- Point Of Purchase – Display trays and racks depend on variable force or constant force springs (sometimes referred to as “pusher springs”) to provide a “self-facing” feature designed into the point of purchase retail product
- Medical – Counterbalancing needs within the medical equipment design field, consisting of computer monitors in fixed and mobile applications, dental x-ray equipment articulated arms, as well as medical equipment drawer closing mechanisms.
- Military & Aerospace – Applications include counterbalancing of aircraft cargo doors, as well as interior and exterior aircraft motion control mechanisms.