Our employees are the company’s most valuable asset. Only by hiring quality employees, has the company managed to adapt and grow since 1850. All employees receive market competitive compensation and benefits, and are continually supported through ongoing training. John Evans’ Sons, Inc., is a Small Business and is committed to equal opportunity in employment (EOE).
Founded in 1850, John Evans’ Sons, Inc., is the oldest spring manufacturer in the United States and is a well-established industry leader. We manufacture precision springs and mechanical assemblies at our manufacturing plant in Lansdale, PA. Our high quality products are found in the most demanding applications across a world-wide customer base. We are dedicated to outstanding customer service and advancing our technical excellence.
Positions Currently Available:
We are currently accepting applications for a Quality Inspector. As Quality Inspector, you will work closely with our production staff, and provide guidance for meeting ISO 9001, AS9100, and ISO 13485 quality standards. In this role, you will examine raw materials, springs, wire forms, and metal parts for surface and physical defects. You will provide inspections at specified stages in the production process, and test for a variety of qualities including dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required, two-year degree in related discipline or vo-tech training preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in Quality Control function in manufacturing environment
- Ability to use measuring tools such as standard (non-digital) micrometers, calipers, gauges
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure delivery requirements
- Clear oral and written skills, and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to keep accurate records and pay attention to detail
- Ability to follow documented procedures and standards
- Proficiency in data entry and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time-management skills, with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Weigh, package, label, and prepare standard and custom packages for shipment by UPS, FedEx, LTL, carrier, and customer pickup.
- Follow packing instructions, complete bill of ladings for freight carriers, and verify work orders for making accurate shipments in conformance with policies, procedures, and customer work orders.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping/receiving activity to ensure accuracy and condition of material.
- Scan incoming paperwork, create and/or update orders, label, identify, and store product in inventory.
- Ship and update shop orders and receipts in the company computer system.
- Properly pack parts to prevent damage in shipping.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderly shipping/receiving area
- Maintain inventory; keep the warehouse neat and organized.
- Drive box truck to deliver/pick-up parts.
- Two years of shipping/receiving experience in a manufacturing facility (preferred)
- Attention to detail for managing inventory and following shipping instructions.
- Basic computer skills for entering data into Company enterprise wide system creating paperwork and documenting shipments.
- Regular attendance and good interpersonal communication skills for following work orders and communicating with team.
- Physical requirements include operating various material handling equipment such as forklifts, stacker trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Requires valid PA driver’s license, ability to drive and unload trucks, and heavy lifting up to 100 pounds.
Tool & Die Maker
We are currently seeking a highly competent Tool & Die Maker with metals industry manufacturing experience to add to our skilled team. This individual will be involved in the design, development and building of form tooling, cutoff dies, compound dies and progressive dies for a wide variety of precision engineered springs.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Four year journeyman apprenticeship training or equivalent machinist/ tool & die work experience
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience with Bridgeport type milling machines
- Experience working with close tolerances .0005 or less
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to set up and operate machine tools
- Build dies and other tooling from blueprint to job approval
- Service and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and hand tools
- Prior experience with ISO:9001 is a plus
- Proven strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, sitting, standing and using manual dexterity.
Machine Operator (2nd shift)
We are currently accepting applications for a Set Up Operator (evening shift) working production in a busy, fast paced environment. This is an opportunity for stable work, with a well-established employer and friendly co-workers.
Ideal applicants will have demonstrated mechanical ability and manual dexterity and have experience using hand tools, measuring tools, and working with close tolerances. Machine operator or set up operator experience in a production facility are a plus. All applicants must be detail oriented and reliable, with good verbal and written communication skills.
Physical requirements include regular attendance, with ability to stand, sit and bend for the duration of the shift. Requires performing repetitive manual tasks, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
We offer competitive earnings, potential for a yearly performance bonus, and excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, life, AD&D, STD/LTD options, and a 401(k) plan. John Evans’ Sons, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants, EOE/AA. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume along with current earnings and salary requirements to email@example.com
John Evans’ Sons, Inc. is an EOE /M-F/AA/ADA/Veterans preference employer, and welcomes all applicants.
Attn: Human Resources Manager
John Evans’ Sons, Inc.
P.O. Box 885
Lansdale PA 19446-0885
Email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org