Our employees are the company’s most valuable asset. Only by hiring quality employees, has the company managed to adapt and grow since 1850. All employees receive market competitive compensation and benefits, and are continually supported through ongoing training. John Evans’ Sons, Inc., is a Small Business and is committed to equal opportunity in employment (EOE).
Founded in 1850, John Evans’ Sons, Inc., is the oldest spring manufacturer in the United States and is a well-established industry leader. We manufacture precision springs and mechanical assemblies at our manufacturing plant in Lansdale, PA. Our high quality products are found in the most demanding applications across a world-wide customer base. We are dedicated to outstanding customer service and advancing our technical excellence.
Positions Currently Available:
This new full-time position will work closely with existing sales personnel and management to increase sales and profitability while maintaining our existing customers’ high level of satisfaction.
- Develop new business by targeting high technology markets
- Develop new business through outstanding quotation follow-up
- Further develop business relationships with existing customers
- Work with estimating and engineering departments on customer quotations and product development
- Develop and retain technical product knowledge through training and experience
- College graduate with B.S. or B.A degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of industrial sales experience
- Availability for travel to develop and manage customers and attend trade shows
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Enthusiasm for generating new sales
- Solicit bid proposals, negotiate, prepare purchase orders, and review requisitions for goods and services with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Research, evaluate, and choose suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Purchase all factory consumables, tooling, hardware, and supplies.
- Follow, and hedge against pricing trends and market changes related to raw materials.
- Monitor shipments and release schedules to ensure that goods arrive on time and as ordered.
- Work with our Quality Department and vendors to address defective or unacceptable products and determine corrective action.
- Maintain and review computerized records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories.
- Monitor and follow all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage Purchasing Assistant.
- Report on monthly, and quarterly metrics.
- Continuously improve purchasing department practices by developing new and revising existing processes, procedures, and systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- 10+ years of purchasing experience in a metals manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with ERP Systems
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to help fellow team members achieve production goals
Purchasing & Accounting Assistant
- Help solicit bids, prepare purchase orders, and review requisition for goods and services
- Help research, evaluate, and select suppliers based on defined selection criteria
- Monitor shipments and release schedules to ensure that goods arrive on-time and as ordered
- Work with the Quality Department and vendors to address defective or unacceptable products
- Maintain and review computerized records of items purchased, cost, deliveries, product, performance, and inventories
- Order office/warehouse/production supplies
- Other projects, as necessary
- Process customer credit card payments
- Assist in the preparation of export documentation
- Maintain manufacturing exemption certificates
- Maintain proper W-9 documentation
- Back-up A/P and A/R, as necessary
- Other projects, as necessary
Requirement & Qualifications
- Experience in a manufacturing organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with ERP systems
- Minimum 1-2 years in accounting and purchasing
- Honesty and integrity
- Desire to work in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Dependable and punctual
Industrial Janitor – Part time
We are currently accepting applications for a part time janitor to do general housekeeping and cleaning to ensure a clean working environment in our manufacturing plant. This is an opportunity to work with a well established employer and friendly co-workers.
Come join our excellent manufacturing team in a pleasant, job shop manufacturing environment! Part time day shift hours are available Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for working 20 hours per week, according to your preference.
As part time janitor, we will rely on you to do various tasks for keeping our shop floor clean and organized including:
- General and seasonal housekeeping in manufacturing plant
- Sweep floors, clean windows, clean machinery and equipment
- Remove stains on walls and floors using chemical solvents
- Collect and dispose of trash
- Collect and dispose of skids
- Collect and dispose of scrap carbon & stainless steel in recycle bins
- Maintain coffee stations
- Perform any other janitorial work necessary in connection with plant operations
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants must be reliable, organized, and self-motivated team players with good work attitude.
- Physical requirements include regular attendance, with ability to stand, sit and bend for the duration of the shift. Requires pushing/pulling, reaching, and constant physical movement.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Heat Treater – 2nd shift
We are currently accepting applications for a full time Production Worker-Heat Treating to operate ovens and pack hardened metal parts for shipment. You’ll have the chance to work with our friendly team of employees at our manufacturing site.
- Manual dexterity required for using measuring scales, running stress reliever ovens, oilers and following packing instructions.
- Must be detail oriented and reliable, with good communication skills for following written and verbal instruction.
- Applicants must be have the ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend for duration of the shift, lift up to 75 pounds, and work in a fast paced environment.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Weigh, package, label, and prepare standard and custom packages for shipment by UPS, FedEx, LTL, carrier, and customer pickup.
- Follow packing instructions, complete bill of ladings for freight carriers, and verify work orders for making accurate shipments in conformance with policies, procedures, and customer work orders.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping/receiving activity to ensure accuracy and condition of material.
- Scan incoming paperwork, create and/or update orders, label, identify, and store product in inventory.
- Ship and update shop orders and receipts in the company computer system.
- Properly pack parts to prevent damage in shipping.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderly shipping/receiving area
- Maintain inventory; keep the warehouse neat and organized.
- Drive box truck to deliver/pick-up parts.
- Two years of shipping/receiving experience in a manufacturing facility (perferred)
- Attention to detail for managing inventory and following shipping instructions.
- Basic computer skills for entering data into Company enterprise wide system creating paperwork and documenting shipments.
- Regular attendance and good interpersonal communication skills for following work orders and communicating with team.
- Physical requirements include operating various material handling equipment such as forklifts, stacker trucks, and pallet jacks.
- Requires valid PA driver’s license, ability to drive and unload trucks, and heavy lifting up to 100 pounds.
Tool & Die Maker
We are currently seeking a highly competent Tool & Die Maker with metals industry manufacturing experience to add to our skilled team. This individual will be involved in the design, development and building of form tooling, cutoff dies, compound dies and progressive dies for a wide variety of precision engineered springs.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Four year journeyman apprenticeship training or equivalent machinist/ tool & die work experience
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience with Bridgeport type milling machines
- Experience working with close tolerances .0005 or less
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to set up and operate machine tools
- Build dies and other tooling from blueprint to job approval
- Service and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and hand tools
- Prior experience with ISO:9001 is a plus
- Proven strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, sitting, standing and using manual dexterity.