Our employees are the company’s most valuable asset. Only by hiring quality employees, has the company managed to adapt and grow since 1850. All employees receive market competitive compensation and benefits, and are continually supported through ongoing training. John Evans’ Sons, Inc., is a Small Business and is committed to equal opportunity in employment (EOE).
Positions Currently Available:
SET UP OPERATOR (Second Shift)
We are currently accepting applications for a Set Up Operator (second shift) working production in a busy, fast paced environment. This is an opportunity for stable work, with a well-established employer and friendly co-workers!
Requirements: Ideal applicants will have demonstrated mechanical ability and manual dexterity and have experience using hand tools, measuring tools, and working with close tolerances. Machine operator or set up operator experience in a production facility are a plus. All applicants must be detail oriented and reliable, with good verbal and written communication skills!
Physical requirements include regular attendance, with ability to stand, sit and bend for the duration of the shift. Requires performing repetitive manual tasks, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
TOOL & DIE MAKER
We are currently seeking a highly competent Tool & Die Maker with metals industry manufacturing experience to add to our skilled team. This individual will be involved in the design, development and building of form tooling, cutoff dies, compound dies and progressive dies for a wide variety of precision engineered springs.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Four year journeyman apprenticeship training or equivalent machinist/ tool & die work experience
- Minimum of five years manufacturing experience with Bridgeport type milling machines
- Experience working with close tolerances .0005 or less
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Ability to set up and operate machine tools
- Build dies and other tooling from blueprint to job approval
- Service and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and hand tools
- Prior experience with ISO:9001 is a plus
- Proven strong mechanical aptitude
- Good interpersonal communication skills
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, sitting, standing and using manual dexterity.
SHIPPING & RECEIVING ASSOCIATE
- Weigh, package, label, and prepare standard and custom packages for shipment by UPS, FedEx, LTL, carrier, and customer pickup.
- Follow packing instructions, complete bill of ladings for freight carriers, and verify work orders for making accurate shipments in conformance with policies, procedures, and customer work orders.
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping/receiving activity to ensure accuracy and condition of material.
- Scan incoming paperwork, create and/or update orders, label, identify, and store product in inventory.
- Ship and update shop orders and receipts in the company computer system.
- Properly pack parts to prevent damage in shipping.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderly shipping/receiving area
- Maintain inventory; keep the warehouse neat and organized.
- Two years of shipping/receiving experience in a manufacturing facility
- Attention to detail for managing inventory and following shipping instructions.
- Basic computer skills for entering data into Company enterprise wide system creating paperwork and documenting shipments.
- Regular attendance and good interpersonal communication skills for following work orders and communicating with team.
- Physical requirements include operating various material handling equipment such as forklifts, stacker trucks, and pallet jacks. Requires valid PA driver’s license, ability to drive and unload trucks, and heavy lifting up to 100 pounds.
HEAT TREATER – FURNACE OPERATOR
We are currently accepting applications for a full time Production Worker-Heat Treating to operate ovens and pack hardened metal parts for shipment. You’ll have the chance to work with our friendly team of employees at our manufacturing site.
Manual dexterity required for using measuring scales, running stress reliever ovens, oilers and following packing instructions. Must be detail oriented and reliable, with good communication skills for following written and verbal instruction. Applicants must be have the ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend for duration of the shift, lift up to 75 pounds, and work in a fast paced environment.